Thursday, November 29, 2007

Project

I have begun to work on my project for class, and I am excited to see what my findings will be. I am going to make copies of ads in magazines, but I think I want to try several magazines. If I only choose one magazine, it may limit the stereotypes of Latino women. I noticed this the other day just by looking at one of my favorite magazines. There weren't many ads with Hispanic women. So, I am going to spread out the types of magazines and categorize what the Hispanic females role is. I want to break it up into categories such as smart, rich, servant-like, fiesty, sexy, educated, etc. I want to see how women like me are portayed in media and ads. I also want to see what types of ads they are in. Are they in beer ads, sexual ads, only ads for food or Hispanic geared products? Hopefully, I will find a lot to work with. If this does not work out then I am going to look at the roles that Hispanics play in tv shows or movies.

No comments: