Friday, December 7, 2007

Great class!

I really enjoyed this class. You don't find many courses that teach you many studies and information on media and culture, yet it's not a stressful class. I find myself doing better in courses where I have to apply myself and do research. This course has made me so much more aware of the media and culture. I watch the news more and I also pay attention to media hype and stereotypes. I learned much about research (content analysis and effects research) and I also got into the blogging world-which I NEVER thought I would participate. I enjoyed looking at ads and learning about the different ways advertising affects people. Through my content analysis project, I saw that Hispanic women have more diversified roles in media(tv, magazines), and that makes me happy, because I really wanted to see what images out there represent my culture. Even though I probably will never become a reporter, I think thats the essence of journalism. If you can't edit, write, and learn the culture of media, then you will not succeed in this field. This was an awesome class!

No comments: